Friday, January 16, 2009

REFERRAL!!!!!

I've been waiting soooo long to say these words: WE GOT OUR REFERRAL!!!!! We are praising the Lord for two healthy babies~ a 2 1/2 yr old boy and a 5 1/2 month old girl. They are just precious and the more I pour over the pictures, the more I fall in love with them.

I got the call yesterday while in the shower. I didn't realize that I had messages waiting for me until we were in the car heading over to a friend's house. I saw Jessica's # and freaked out. I did a huge u-turn, ran into the house frantically looking for Jessica's # and shaking with excitement. When I reached her, I acted calm but my whole body was shaking. She said, "Kelly, I have some good news for you." I started crying right away. The only sad part is that Sean is out of town and couldn't be with me in person to meet our babies. He was on the phone with us, but couldn't see the pictures until we all hung up. We are just so blessed that many prayers have been answered. They are healthy and I must say- chunky! They've been cared for by their mother and the Gladney team, with only a short stint in an orphanage. Praise the Lord! I'm just so thankful to see a little window into what God has been orchestrating behind the scenes. This is His master plan, and we've finally had a little glimpse of what our future holds.

Thank you for all of your prayers, and please continue to lift up our little ones.

14 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! We will pray for a speedy court and travel date!

coffeemom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! TWo!!!!!! Woweee, that is double the blessing and I am just thrilled for you! God is so good, all the time! PRayers for fast court! M

Heather said...

WoooHoooo!! Fantastic!! Congratulations!!

We just returned at the beginning of December and I have a lot of photos, email me if would like me to look through them to see if I happen to have met your little ones!

henie@earthlink.net

Robin said...

Yeah....congratulations!!!!!

Laura and Brad said...

Awesome! So happy to hear your good news!

Elisabeth said...

awesome news!! I am so happy for you!! I am a couple of months behind you (and your neighbor on south 17)...we'll have to get our babes together for a play date!!

Praying for smoothness down the rest of the road ahead for you!

ellen

Mimi said...

Congratulations! So excited for you guys. Looking forward to meeting your little ones:) We will keep you all in prayer.

Shelly Roberts said...

Awwwww .... rejoicing with your family on this wonderful news!!! Blessings, Shelly

Steph Watson said...

Kelly and Sean,
Wonderful news and wonderful answers to prayers! I know you are so anxious to meet your little boy and girl. I will be praying for them and would love to see pictures whenever you can "legally" post them. steph

Nikki said...

Congratulations! Came across you on the Gladney FBI list. Way to go! Hope you get to travel soon and hold your little ones.

Blessings!

Sparkz said...

Congratulations! Very exciting!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

What wonderful news!Congratulations!It brings back very fond memories of the referral of our two Ethiopian Beauties last April!
Blessings,
Kristy

Jennifer said...

They are beautiful! Congratulations!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Wow, Praise the Lord! What wonderful news!! Congratulations!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker