Monday, December 15, 2008

6 MONTHS

This week marks 6 months on the waitlist. Woohoo! I can't believe we've made it this far. While it's been hard at times to be patient, we've had such a great year with our big kids. We've enjoyed lots of hiking, camping, riding bikes, and beach time. These activities will be a little more challenging when our little ones arrive.

We're heading into the holidays and on the one hand it will take our minds off of waiting for a few weeks as we'll be in TX with family. On the other hand, Sean really believes we'll get our referral sometime in the next few weeks. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I have been buying a few things here and there. 2 soft cuddly blankets to send to our little ones after our referral, and 2 child proof photo albums with pictures of our family so that they can see who we are before we come and get them. Also, we've begun purchasing some travel necessities like travel pillows, a money pouch, and backpack toddler carrier, in case it's needed.

I think we've finally decided on names, which is huge for us. We've gone round and round about boy names and the verdict is in..... Oh, you thought I was going to share it? Well I think I'll hold onto it a little longer before making a "formal" announcement. Sean chose the name and it's definitely been growing on me. The Hebrew meaning is God's Messenger. How wonderful is that? Wouldn't it be amazing if he grows up to take the message of the gospel to Ethiopia? Or proclaim it here in the states? Well, I can dream, and pray!

I've been working on the Christmas cards this weekend, and I decided to keep it simple this year. No big glossy photo of the kids. I'm hoping to have family pictures done in the spring with all 4 children : ), so I included a little wallet sized photo just so everyone can see how much Grace and Thatcher have grown, but that's it. Plus, I really wanted to send a card this year. I think those are becoming too scarce lately.

I must admit I have a new obsession lately with the Pioneer Woman's website. Her recipes are amazing and the pictures - wow! Check it out at http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ . You'll love it! And definitely make the Jalepeno Thingies for an appetizer sometime. They will knock your socks off and keep your friends coming back for more.

Well, here are a few pictures of the kids over the last couple of weeks. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and keep Jesus the main thing this holiday season.



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Kelly...I check in on you every once in a while. I wanted to share a blog with you. This is a friend of a friend of mine. My friend, Lindsey, is adopting a baby here stateside and is in the waiting stage (achosentreasure.blogspot.com) this blog is a blog of a friend of her's. She gives lots of great information on hair products and books and other things for a mixed race family. I thought that you might enjoy reading her blog and you might find some of her info helpful for your own children! Here is her blog shockleyfamily.blogspot.com
We continue to pray for you and for God's perfect timing for your adoption!

Cassandra Britt said...

I saw your update on the FBI list! Congrats!!

~Laura~ said...

I saw the FBI update...woo hoo!! congrats and we need details.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker