Monday, September 15, 2008

Texas, our Texas




Well, sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but we were out of town for 3 weeks. We spent most of our time in Ft. Worth with family and friends, but we also spent a week at Mo-Ranch, down in Hunt, TX. I grew up going there with my family and now we try to make the "annual" trip there with my parents, sisters, and their families too. It's so much fun, and we just can't get enough of the outdoors and family time.
We got back and started homeschool for Gracie, who is in 1st grade this year. Thatcher will be learning his ABC's and 123's also. Our first week was even better than I'd expected, with plenty of time to fit everything in. It really is a blessing, and I'm enjoying my time with them at the school table.
We also started piano for Grace, though we don't have a piano yet. You should see her practicing on her little Target keyboard. I'm praying that I can find one inexpensively or even FREE on Craig's list. Thatcher started soccer and is a natural little athlete. That boy amazes me.
As you can see above on my "ticker", we've reached the 3 month marker on the waitlist. This means we're entering the WINDOW. Basically, we Gladney families hope to receive referrals between the 3rd and 5th month, though sometimes it takes longer than anticipated. I have a feeling it will still be some time now, but in the meantime, I'm pulling baby stuff down from the attic. Who knew it could be so fun? It definitely has added to my baby bug. I was awake alot in the night last night and couldn't help feeling that I needed to be praying for our baby. Please lift up a prayer for her.

4 comments:

The Clifton's said...

So sweet. What a gorgeous group of kids. I am so glad there were no 3/4some pics in there. Hee Hee! Miss you so much. It seems all of our kids are growing up too fast these days. Gracie in 1st grade. Ouch. Praying for that sweet baby.

Steph Watson said...

Kell, So good to visit with you when you were here in Ft. Worth. Thank you for the time and life shared. I LOVE the slideshow. Beautiful children. What a blessing to your grandparents. We found out today that we are having a boy and he seems to be a busy little guy. Due date is still Feb 24. I've not blogged in a while but my blogspot is stephmwatson.blogspot.com. Hopefully will get something up by week's end. I am praying for your little girl in Ethiopia... Also reading the Treasure Principle. Thanks for the suggestion. Sure love you!

~Laura~ said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute! Congrats on entering the window. YAY!

Jennifer said...

Kelly-I really enjoyed reading your blog! What a fun time with all of the cousins getting together! I have been praying for you and your adoption. Our two people who were waiting have BOTH been matched with TWINS!!!!! WOW. Take Care,Jennifer

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker