Monday, September 29, 2008

Our piano

Last week, I was driving home from church and was asking God to please provide a piano for our family. Grace started taking lessons a few weeks ago and was practicing on her mini-keyboard from Target. Her little fingers wouldn't fit in the right places and it was frustrating for her. I kept looking on Craig's List for a free piano and came up empty. So after bringing it to the Lord, I went on CL again and found a couple of pianos for $200 each. I thought I'd go take a look, but knew that we didn't have the cash laying around for that. When I got home, Sean said, "Well, the piano's paid for!" He didn't know that I had been praying, but we had received a check in the mail from our insurance company for $239. Is that provision from the Lord, or what? We give him the praise for our new piano (well, it's from the 1960's, but it's new to us). If you watch the video of Gracie, you'll see that I'm not yet a pro at taking video with my camera. Oh, and the piano hasn't been tuned in 15 years. That will be next on our list....

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

What a blessing! I am so happy you got your piano!

blessings to you!

Becky said...

WOW, if that's only a few lessons, I think you have the next Cliburn winner on your hands!! Way to go Grace! Isn't the Lord amazing. What joy He must receive in blessing His children, especially those who are waiting on Him.

Sparkz said...

Isn't it great how God provides!?! That's a great story!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker