Saturday, April 25, 2009

BLESSED

The girls from my care group at church hosted a baby shower for me and it was full of BLESSINGS. They gathered blessings from family members and close friends to compile into a beautiful Blessing Book that is now on my coffee table. To make matters more emotional, they read these blessings aloud during my shower, followed by a prayer time.

Okay, I was a mess. I cried as my grandmother and my mother shared their testimony of adoption. Then a friend started reading a blessing written by my father. I started to melt into a puddle on the floor. This progressed with other readings from siblings, parents, close friends. Wow.

I've know for a long time that God has graciously blessed me with precious family and friends, but this was almost more than I could bear. I am so unworthy of God's goodness toward me. The Blessing Book will be a treasure to me for years to come. It goes so much further than the tangible goods brought to the party.

Don't get me wrong. We needed those baby items, and many were kind enough to bring humanitarian aid items as well. God faithfully provided for our needs. But, again, the Book will continue to bless me and my children for years to come. Thank you to all who were involved. I love you dearly, and thank you for your kind words of love, affirmation, and BLESSING! Here are some pictures.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

How wonderful and how incredibly special!! God is so good!

ellen

Mimi said...

Looked like so much fun, I'm sad I missed it. I never did bet over there before we left for PA maybe I can stop by this week. Praying for you this week!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful shower! Congratulations and sending prayers for tomorrow's court date.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker