Wednesday, March 4, 2009

River Dance

A friend of mine was recently in town (love you Becky) and saw Thatcher do his River Dance. She suggested I post a little video of him doing it for all of you. It really is so funny! Every time we turn on music, he does his River Dance and then he and Grace waltz around the room together. We found an African Playground cd which is the background music for his little show. I can't believe this is his last month as a 4 year old. My little buddy is growing up way too fast! I went in to his room the other day and he was hammering a picture of our little man Malachi to the wall with a thumb tack just above his bed. When I chastised him for hammering without my permission, he looked at me with those big blue eyes and said, "I just want to be able to see him Mom." How can you argue with that? So now it's hanging above his bed, not framed, not centered, not planned - but precious, and it is Thatcher's little reminder every night before bed that he has a brother coming.

6 comments:

Becky said...

YEAH!!!!! I love it! Still makes me laugh. He goes from "raising the roof" to River Dance. That boyz got crazy skills! I love the story about the picture, I can't wait to see how they greet Malachi and Ava. Miss you tons!

Mimi said...

So sweet! He is going to be an excellent big brother:)

Jebena said...

He should have no problem with shoulder dancing Ethio-style!

Sam said...

Kelly,
I have a question about sibling referrals. I am on wait list now. Can you email me at samsamh79@gmail.com

thanks!

Sam

Matt and Emily said...

love it! the twins couldn't get enough!

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

That is so sweet! Thatcher is growing so fast...I remember when you missed Easter service because you had gotten an early "surprise"! That is so precious about him putting up the picture...moments like that just melt your heart as a mom. We can't wait to see your new little blessings - we pray for you and your family as this wonderful time approaches!

Keri O

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker