Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baby dolls


My sweet mom is starting to sew handmade baby dolls that are precious. She will make one for our new baby girl, and also for the other little girls in the family. After that she is wanting to host a doll-making party so that her friends can help sew dolls for Ethiopia. Isn't that wonderful? My family has been so supportive and this is yet another way that I sense their overall excitement and anticipation of what God is working out in our lives. Mom might drive out and see me the end of this month, and if that happens, we're going to have a doll party here as well. We will prep the patterns (we're still deciding which pattern to use for the parties- there's a great pattern at this website- www.nonidolls.com/dollyhugs.html) , sewing part of the babies, and then the girls can stuff them, do some hand-sewing, and decorate. What a joy to take handmade babies to little children whose hands are empty.

4 comments:

Jen said...

We are adopting from Ethiopia, as well. Mid way through the process. I love your doll idea because it will put some of the energy toward something productive!!!! Do you mind if I "steal" it?!
Thanks and we will keep you in our prayers!
Jen
http://morganleapoffaith.blogspot.com

Sparkz said...

Thats awesome! The doll is really cute! Martha Stewart also has a web site for making dolls like this. I would give you the link... but I am not sure where it is right now. If I come across it I'll post it though!

Sam said...

those are so cute! I am adopting from ethiopia too with gladney. just wanted to say hi!
i dont see an email address or i would add you to mine....

Lori S said...

I love the dolls--I only wish I could sew!! (o: I've done a lot of searching for african dolls and like the homemade ones best.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker